Mount Everest is the highest mountain on earth (8848 meters high) and is called Sagarmatha in Nepalese, which means ‘the Head in the Great Blue Sky’.
Mount Everest was ultimately conquered by the Nepalese Tenzing Norgay Sherpa along with the New Zealander Sir Edmund Hillary at 11:30 am on 29th May 1953, via the South route.
Our team of experts are highly qualified, with an experience of over 20 years in this field and have climbed Mount Everest countless times.
In this exhilarating and unique expedition, you will:
– get the chance to reach the top of the world;
– follow the footsteps of Sir Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary, via the South east ridge (normal route) including crossing the massive glacier of Khumbu;
– be guided by a local internationally certified mountain guide (IFMGA / UIAGM);
– be assisted during the expedition by an extraordinary team of porters and cookers (English speakers);
– get the best quality logistics throughout the expedition;
– experience the unique culture of the Sherpa people;
The ascent of Mt Everest is a 60-day adventure. Please find below our itinerary, which can also be adapted to satisfy your needs.
Himalayan Treks team of Sherpas has reached Mt Everest summit countless times. Our group of climbing Sherpas are enthusiastic, motivated and regarded as one of the strongest and most cohesive group of Sherpas in Nepal to the point that Sherpas from other expeditions pursue a future position with us.
Our cooking staff provide very high standards with regards to the quality of the cuisine they produce.
We have an interdisciplinary team of more than 20 years’ experience in the field, whom have become an integral part of Himalayan Treks.